Sunday, March 16, 2008

街头茶餐厅 - Jie Tou Cha Can Ting

We were walking up and down from Esplanade to Marina Square and back to Raffles City and just couldn't decide on what to eat for dinner. In the end, I brought J back to the place where I had my lunch with my friends on the very same day - Streets Cafe which is located @ Raffles City Basement 1.

The food are quite delicious except their drinks... because there isn't any of the drink can help us to digest or feel better after eating so much. J had the special longan drink with nata de coco and I had the lime cooler which they mixed with soda.

limely chee juice

I ate the Portuguese Hotpot chicken and which is similar to those normal Koeran hot pot. It was nice but I was tired after a mouthfuls and I started to chew my food really really slow.

chicken hotpot

We also ordered Gong Bao Chicken as side dish. It is quite normal but I don't feel that spicy even though there are so many dried chillis and green chilli inside. Maybe the chicken was not miranated and fried together with the chillies.

kong bao chicken

J's main dish was this Fried rice with Curry seafood. I recommended him this dish as my friend had ordered too during lunch time. But it somehow tasted quite different from the one I tried earlier. Too bad for J.

seafood curry fried rice

Next, I think the drinks were too sweet for J's liking so he decided to use some porridge to clear the throat. It was nice and the mince meat was really MINCED.. and you can taste a little bit of the meat here and there.

mixed meat porridge

Overall I think it taste better than the other Hong Kong cafes out there..

Name: Street Cafe
Venue: Raffles City Basement 1

No comments: