Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shokudo Japanese Food Bazaar

No more swiss food in Marche, here comes the japanese food in Shokudo!! Marche and Shokudo shares the similar idea of having a number of food stalls in a restaurant and charging by using card. The differences between these two eating places is the different types of cuisine and Shokudo has themed dining!

The themes that they create is really interesting. They have old japan, modern japan, anime (Sakura!!), the sumos and also dining in neon lights. Sounds very interesting isn't it? The colourful decorations and atmosphere can really lifts up my mood. Neoprint machines can also be found in the center of the restaurant! The whole place makes me feel like i'm really in Japan.
ITADAKI-MASU!

J ordered this western dish cooked in japanese style. The burger was so big and it served with my favourite sunny side up egg!!

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__chicken_cheese_burger

We also ordered this clam chowder soup, and when we had our first mouth of it. We both went stun! The taste is very very different from the western style. Oh ya, the board menu was saying, "Tokyo Style Clam Chowder". The taste of the butter was quite strong and after a few more spoons of it, its quite yummy.

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__clam_chowder

Next Gyoza...

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__gyoza

This stall selling all bbq food sticks - kushiyaki. I don't quite fancy it as I've eaten a better Kushiyaki in Shenton area before. Maybe 1 day I shall bring J there..

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__kushiyaki

You can also find rosti here too which is the famous potato dish in Marche. But other than that, the rest of the food is very much different.

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__rosti

They also have this special bamboo steam rice. I really really regretted ordering the salmon instead of the Unagi. The whole thing was very dry..

shokudo_japanese_bazaar__salmon_rice

I also spotted many people queuing at this omelette stall and I told myself I must try it no matter what. And I ordered this Unagi with Omelette, it was really very tasty. Abit of salty and sweet mixing together.
shokudo_japanese_bazaar__unagi_omelette

There so many wide selections of Japanese food found there with at least more than 200 dishes to choose from. So many other types of food that I have not tried yet, I really can't wait to go there for my next visit!



Name: Shokudo Japanese Food Bazaar
Venue: Raffles City Basement #B1-44E

No comments: